Outbound and Inbound Marketing, Strategic Marketing and Marketing Operations. Selected examples follow. Note that there have been a number of small engagements other than those mentioned.
The Final Transition, Jan 2017 - PRESENT
A video offering of a 2015 conference that conveyed continuing education credits to RNs who attended and passed a test. https://finaltransition.org/
- After an organizational change at the University of Arizona School of Nursing, clarified the requirements for approval, and received approval.
- Using voice-over, created completely new introductions to all eight videos.
- Created the website.
Consulting for Major Client, Oct 2009 - Dec 2012
- Increased revenue vs. 2009 baseline by over 300% by December 2012.
- Defined existing market, including competitive positioning, and identified two new markets. Modeled ideal customer in each. Identified pain points that needed to be amplified through education using white papers, and then wrote them.
- Created reseller channel program that included dealers, distributors, international dealers and affiliates. Signed 260 resellers during engagement. Created all training materials. Worked with key resellers to minimize channel conflict with the client's direct sales.
- Raised client to near the top of Google returns for targeted search phrases.
- Wrote a complete BPMN 2.0-compliant specification for a CPQ (Configure-Price-Quote) system to automate the quoting process that required a custom quote for each prospect.
- Increased website conversions sixfold over 18 months.
- Specified and supervised to completion a custom affiliate software application that enabled tracking from lead to revenue.
Baton Online Processing 2002-2008
Principal & CEO
Contract loan processing delivered using a proprietary paperless Web application—the first used by loan brokers and small bankers to track and troubleshoot loans from any location. System enabled tight supervision of remotely-located mortgage originators, resulting in higher loan closing rates and decreased compliance risk.
- Optimized website for natural search returns. Attained top Google ranks for targeted phrases. Included writing 100+ pages of content.
- Used high-end email marketing platform, including its analytics, to increase email campaign returns.
- Doubled revenue three years running.
- Incrementally improved processes and cloud application to ensure technology-averse loan officers worked seamlessly with remote processors, through Baton’s system, with very little training.
Turbolinux, Inc. (Brisbane, CA) 2000-2001
Director, Product Marketing
Worldwide responsibility for product marketing, with particular emphasis on rationalizing the product line and identifying new markets.
- Proposed, specified and rolled out virtual machines offering, using a Linux distribution on S/390 VM (a mainframe operating system). Thousands of Linux instances could run on one system. Forged a strategic relationship with a third party to put mainframe VM operating system support in place.
- Received a standing ovation for a presentation given at an IBM VM conference.
Oracle Corporation (Redwood Shores, CA) 1999-2000
Senior Product Manager, High Availability (HA), Storage Technologies
Oracle database disaster recovery (DR) features, Oracle Resource Manager and some HA features.
- From market requirements definition to rollout, introduced release 1 of Oracle Data Guard, one of the most prominently promoted Oracle8i feature sets. Collaborated with Development to create user-level requirements for Data Guard’s new monitoring framework.
- Created all of Marketing’s source materials for collateral, including technical presentations and white papers.
- Teamed with Comdisco to author an Oracle disaster recovery white paper placed in Disaster Recovery (magazine).
- Announced the Oracle8i disaster recovery features in a presentation to over 700 at Oracle Open World.
- Conceived and wrote new manual covering setup for the most-used DR configurations as simple recipes, reducing users’ time to implement.
Boole & Babbage (San Jose, CA) 1988-1989, 1997-1999
Corporate Partnerships/Business Development Manager; Product Manager, MVS Performance Products